My train ticket
VNR kicks off restructuring process
After a tremendous effort, the restructuring plan of state-owned Vietnam Railways Corporation – one of Vietnam’s most in-difficulty state corporations – has officially kicked-off.After a tremendous effort, the restructuring plan of state-owned Vietnam Railways Corporation – one of Vietnam’s most in-difficulty state corporations – has officially kicked-off.
The state-owned enterprise (VNR) recently submitted its member business restructuring plan to the Ministry of Transport (MoT) for the period 2014-2015, which highlighted the goal of restructuring of two major members – the Hanoi and Saigon railway transport companies – before the end of next year.
According to the plan, the two railway transport firms, which are VNR’s primary revenue and profit earners, will be changed from financially dependent units into one-member limited liability companies with VNR holding their entire chartered capital. The conversion is slated for completion before the end of this year.
Regarding the shake-up plan, VNR said it would restructure another two companies who are locomotive operators, Di An Train Limited and Gia Lam Train Factory in two stages.
In stage 1, another VNR member Railway Rubber Enterprise will be merged with Gia Lam Train Factory, which will then be separated from its current parent the Hanoi Railway Passenger Transport Company before turning into a limited company controlled by VNR. According to the government, this task must be fulfilled by year-end.
Stage 2 will see Di An Train and Gia Lam Train equitised before the end of 2015.
Also as part of its overall restructuring plan, VNR hopes to turn 20 railway infrastructure management businesses into railway infrastructure maintenance joint stock companies, including 15 railway bridge maintenance and five railway signal and information units. This task must also be completed by the end of next year.
To raise capital for its core service lines, VNR has asked the MoT’s permission to entirely divest from 10 joint stock companies, sell all but 30 per cent of three joint stock companies, and sell all but 20 per cent at the Transport Investment and Construction Consultant Joint Stock Company.
VNE expects capital divestment at the aforementioned units to be completed within this year.
VNR’s stake in these joint companies has been valuated at around VND286 billion ($13.6 million), including VND85.7 billion ($4.08 million) at seven member companies with VNR’s stake in these companies averaging 64 per cent.
VNR’s stake in 21 affiliated firms was reported at VND200 billion ($9.6 million), averaging VND28.9 billion ($1.3 million) per firm. In the year’s first half, VNR received VND15.8 billion ($752,000) in dividends from these firms.
“This would be a crucial step towards realising parent company VNR’s initial public offering target in 2016,” said chairman Tran Ngoc Thanh.
Deputy Minister of Transport Nguyen Ngoc Dong has commented that “spurring the equitisation process of member companies will be VNR’s most urgent task in 2016 and “compared to the equitisation pace of other state-owned enterprises in the transport sector (slated for completion before the end of next year), VNR’s is expected to take place a year later, so drastic measures are needed to avoid any further delays.”
Cumbersome and ineffective organisational structures are reportedly the main reason for VNR’s poor performance, despite its position as the exclusive railway operator in Vietnam.
VNR employees also reportedly have the lowest average per capita among companies in the transport sector.
This year VNR was assigned by the MoT to reach VND5.211 trillion ($248 million) in total revenue and other income and VND59 billion ($2.8 million) in pretax profits.
“These figures will serve as a base to evaluate the operational efficiency of VNR’s management this year – a transitional time in restructuring the railway sector leader,” said an MoT Business Management Department executive.
By Anh Minh
- The History Of Vietnam Railways
- Vietnam Railways plan upgrades, new services
- Vietnam Railway sector strives to compete with airlines
- Vietnam Railways Corporation has new chairman
- New railway leader vows to cut fares and improve services
- Vietnam Railways is asking for 471 billion in funding
- Vietnam Railways to sell tickets for Tet
- Dong Nai - New Ghenh bridge officially inaugurated
- VNR to sell lower train fares for Tet
- Vietnam to put railway e-ticket system into use on September 1
- Vietnam Railway sector targets modernity
- Vietnam railways - Many rail tunnels need upgrading
- Vietnam to open doors for private investment in railway infrastructure
- Train tickets booked online to be delivered to homes in Hanoi, HCMC
- Many rail tunnels need upgrading
- Hanoi hosts 36th ASEAN Railway CEOs’ Conference
- Ha Noi hosts 36th ASEAN Railway CEO's Conference
- Train tickets to be available online in next two weeks
- Train tickets to be available online
- Vietnam initiates $9.28mn railway e-ticket project
- Vietnam Railways undergoes restructuring
- Vietnam Railways Corporation undergoes restructuring
- Three Japanese officials prosecuted for suspected bribery in Vietnam
- Ticket Lunar New Year 2018
- Warning of cheating when buying tickets for Tet holiday
- Vietnam Railways receives new 5-star carriages for Tết
- The year of the year
- Line additional 30 toa standard 5 standards in 2018
- High quality trains like vietnam's aircraft are prepared for operation
- Livitrans Express Tourist Train
- Vietnam Railway (vnr) was set up with six new passenger trains on the north-south route
- All aboard the new Reunification Express
- Restructuring Vietnam Railways Necessity to separate freight and passenger transportation
- Six modern trains added to Vietnam’s north-to-south railway
- Vietnam Railway has officially put into operation six new trains on the Thong Nhat
- Sapa travel guide by train
- Travel to Sapa
- Travel to Sapa
- Da Nang beauty
- Discover the beauty and richness of ancient land
- Hai Phong tourism
- Visit Dalat
- Alba Thanh Tan Hot Spring
- Sapa travel experience by train 2N1Đ
- TRADE UNION QUANG NAM - DA NANG SAIGON JOINT STOCK COMPANY SUPPORTING COVID-19 PREVENTION AND PREVENTION
- DA NANG PROPOSED OPEN OPENING 2 QUESTIONAL TRAINS TO RETURN 10,000 LOCAL PEOPLE
- NOTICE: TRAINING TRAINING TP. HO CHI MINH - PHAN DEPUTY NGHIA 2/9
- WOODWORKING VESSELS FOR CUSTOMERS SHIP
- TRAINING SCHEDULE IN THE NORTH September 2, 2020: HA NOI - HAI PHONG, HA NOI - VINH
- NOT TALKS ABOUT WEEKLY OF WEEKLY
- RUNNING SCHEDULE ON HANOI - HAI PHONG LINE
- THE FIRST TRAIN OF THE NHON METRO LINE - HANOI STATION
- RETURN PROPERTY OF PASSENGERS TO FORGET ON THE TRAIN
- DA NANG PROPOSED RETURNING TRAVEL, IRON AND AIR CONDITIONER
- NOTICE: STOP 1 STARTING TO PAY PASSENGERS FOR TRAINS: SE1, SE2, SE8
- There is a market train going into my life!
- TICKETS WILL BE SELL IN FIRST OCTOBER 2021
- NEXT INFORMATION ABOUT TAN TAN USE 2021
- Storm warning
- SHIP UNIQUE TOP 10 BEST BEAUTIFUL TRAINS IN THE WORLD
- ANNUAL REPORT ON EXPORTING ANTI-AGING PAGE FOR THE IRON INDUSTRY
- OFFICIAL OPENING TICKETS FOR TET TAN TAN 2021 FROM 8.00 PM ON OCTOBER, 2020 /20
- SAIGON IRON ROAD TRANSPORTATION COMPANY GIVES A GIFT TO SUPPORT CNV AFFECTED BY COVID-19 TRANSPORTATION AND COMPLETE SCENE
- IRON ROAD TREATMENT TRAIN WASTE WASTE, ENVIRONMENTAL ENVIRONMENT
- IRON ROAD TREATMENT TRAIN WASTE WASTE, ENVIRONMENTAL ENVIRONMENT
- SOME REGULATIONS ON PURCHASE AND PAYMENT OF TET TAN TAN TAN 2021 TICKETS
- HANOI: TRAFFIC TRAINS FOR STUDENTS
- FROM 1/10/2020, PASSENGER CAN BUY TRAIN TICKET WITH PACKAGE, INTEREST RATES 0%
- The community wagon connects to the SE3 train departing from Hanoi station on the evening of October 2.
- PROMOTE RUNNING SP3 TRAIN (HANOI - LAO CAI) ON THURSDAY WEEK
- FLOOR THE STONE TO THE IRON ROAD AT NHA TRANG (KHANH HOA)
- Close-up of METRO BEN THANH - SUOI TIEN TRAIN OFFICIALS AT HO CHI MINH CITY
- UPDATING INFORMATION ON SHIP SLOWS SITUATION AFFECTED BY RAISES IN THE CENTRAL REGION
- SELL E-DEVICE TICKETS, TRAFFIC PASSENGERS MAY BE POSITIONING
- ANNOUNCEMENT: TRANSFER OF PASSENGERS TO SE1, SE3, SE8 TRAIN STARTED ON OCTOBER 16 BETWEEN DONG HA AND PHON TRACH STATION BY CAR
Book your train ticket in 3 steps
We are here for you
The more tickets you book , the cheaper price you get
In our booking system you will always find the lowest fares for all Vietnam carriers.