My train ticket
Vietnam to open doors for private investment in railway infrastructure
The Vietnam Railways Corporation (VRC) on Monday put forward a proposal to allow private investors to build logisticThe Vietnam Railways Corporation (VRC) on Monday put forward a proposal to allow private investors to build logistic facilities and offer associated services in three railway projects under the public private partnership (PPP) model in a meeting on implementing the PPP in railway infrastructure in Hanoi.
Local media cited Tran Ngoc Thanh, chairman of the VRC, as saying that under the PPP mechanism, his corporation will be responsible for setting up transport infrastructure like unloading equipment, train stabling facilities, and warehouses at three stations Yen Vien (Hanoi), Dong Dang (Lang Son Province in the north), and Song Than (Binh Duong Province in the south).
Meanwhile, private firms will be allowed to invest in facilities to serve the transport of goods by rail, focusing on cargo yards, storage, cargo-handling equipment, and warehouse management systems, Thanh said.
Regarding business conditions, investors from the private sector can collect fees for the services they offer, based on a price frame approved by the state and the VRC, Thanh said.
According to the chairman, the introduction of the PPP model in railway services will help change the current mindset of the industry: only VRC subsidiaries are allowed to join.
"VRC subsidiaries have been favored when it comes to investing in those projects, but the situation will change. We are inviting investors from the private sector, and even allow them to buy trains to run on the railroads we built and use the associated services we are offering,” Thanh Nien (Young People) newspaper quoted him as saying at the meeting.
He named some firms like Vingroup, Bach Dang, Indo Tran Logistics, and ATH Express Trains Ltd.
The existing mechanism only allows state-run firms to develop railway infrastructure and offer related services so the business performance of the rail sector has been so poor, Lao Dong (Labor) newspaper said.
As a result, the sector has been unable to attract private investors, the newspaper remarked.
Currently, the railway sector generates around VND400 billion (US$18.4) a year, but its cost amounts to VND2 trillion ($92 million).
Vice Minister of Transport Nguyen Ngoc Dong said that his ministry will coordinate with other relevant agencies to review and amend the Railway Law in order to renovate the sector.
The Ministry of Transport will transfer the rights to operate the entire Hanoi-Lao Cai railroad route to private investors in the near future, he said.
Tran Tuan Anh, a representative of Indo Tran Logistics, said the firm wants to join in railway transport development as a good logistics supply chain cannot be complete without railways.
A Vingroup representative, Tran Thanh Son, said his company is eager to invest in railways for tourism development, but the country must have quality trains meeting European standards to cut the travel time to less than five hours and attract more passengers.
Government Decree No.15, which regulates investment under the PPP form, was issued in February this year, opening up more opportunities for the participation of the private sector in many fields exclusively reserved for state-owned firms before, including infrastructure, electricity, water, education, transport, health, and the environment.
According to experts, the decree is a prerequisite for infrastructure projects, particularly in the area of transport, to be implemented more effectively.
At the meeting, Minister of Transport Dinh La Thang asked relevant state agencies to review existing laws, decrees, and circulars on railway management to ensure a legal basis for the implementation of the PPP by the end of the second quarter.
The private sector has seen the potential for investment in railways as they can both earn profit and improve the sector’s performance, he said.
Minister Thang also urged the VRC to speed up its restructuring and equitization.
Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to get the latest news about Vietnam!
- The History Of Vietnam Railways
- Vietnam Railways plan upgrades, new services
- Vietnam Railway sector strives to compete with airlines
- Vietnam Railways Corporation has new chairman
- New railway leader vows to cut fares and improve services
- Vietnam Railways is asking for 471 billion in funding
- Vietnam Railways to sell tickets for Tet
- Dong Nai - New Ghenh bridge officially inaugurated
- VNR to sell lower train fares for Tet
- Vietnam to put railway e-ticket system into use on September 1
- Vietnam Railway sector targets modernity
- Vietnam railways - Many rail tunnels need upgrading
- Train tickets booked online to be delivered to homes in Hanoi, HCMC
- Many rail tunnels need upgrading
- Hanoi hosts 36th ASEAN Railway CEOs’ Conference
- Ha Noi hosts 36th ASEAN Railway CEO's Conference
- Train tickets to be available online in next two weeks
- Train tickets to be available online
- VNR kicks off restructuring process
- Vietnam initiates $9.28mn railway e-ticket project
- Vietnam Railways undergoes restructuring
- Vietnam Railways Corporation undergoes restructuring
- Three Japanese officials prosecuted for suspected bribery in Vietnam
- Ticket Lunar New Year 2018
- Warning of cheating when buying tickets for Tet holiday
- Vietnam Railways receives new 5-star carriages for Tết
- The year of the year
- Line additional 30 toa standard 5 standards in 2018
- High quality trains like vietnam's aircraft are prepared for operation
- Livitrans Express Tourist Train
- Vietnam Railway (vnr) was set up with six new passenger trains on the north-south route
- All aboard the new Reunification Express
- Restructuring Vietnam Railways Necessity to separate freight and passenger transportation
- Six modern trains added to Vietnam’s north-to-south railway
- Vietnam Railway has officially put into operation six new trains on the Thong Nhat
- Sapa travel guide by train
- Travel to Sapa
- Travel to Sapa
- Da Nang beauty
- Discover the beauty and richness of ancient land
- Hai Phong tourism
- Visit Dalat
- Alba Thanh Tan Hot Spring
- Sapa travel experience by train 2N1Đ
- TRADE UNION QUANG NAM - DA NANG SAIGON JOINT STOCK COMPANY SUPPORTING COVID-19 PREVENTION AND PREVENTION
- DA NANG PROPOSED OPEN OPENING 2 QUESTIONAL TRAINS TO RETURN 10,000 LOCAL PEOPLE
- NOTICE: TRAINING TRAINING TP. HO CHI MINH - PHAN DEPUTY NGHIA 2/9
- WOODWORKING VESSELS FOR CUSTOMERS SHIP
- TRAINING SCHEDULE IN THE NORTH September 2, 2020: HA NOI - HAI PHONG, HA NOI - VINH
- NOT TALKS ABOUT WEEKLY OF WEEKLY
- RUNNING SCHEDULE ON HANOI - HAI PHONG LINE
- THE FIRST TRAIN OF THE NHON METRO LINE - HANOI STATION
- RETURN PROPERTY OF PASSENGERS TO FORGET ON THE TRAIN
- DA NANG PROPOSED RETURNING TRAVEL, IRON AND AIR CONDITIONER
- NOTICE: STOP 1 STARTING TO PAY PASSENGERS FOR TRAINS: SE1, SE2, SE8
- There is a market train going into my life!
- TICKETS WILL BE SELL IN FIRST OCTOBER 2021
- NEXT INFORMATION ABOUT TAN TAN USE 2021
- Storm warning
- SHIP UNIQUE TOP 10 BEST BEAUTIFUL TRAINS IN THE WORLD
- ANNUAL REPORT ON EXPORTING ANTI-AGING PAGE FOR THE IRON INDUSTRY
- OFFICIAL OPENING TICKETS FOR TET TAN TAN 2021 FROM 8.00 PM ON OCTOBER, 2020 /20
- SAIGON IRON ROAD TRANSPORTATION COMPANY GIVES A GIFT TO SUPPORT CNV AFFECTED BY COVID-19 TRANSPORTATION AND COMPLETE SCENE
- IRON ROAD TREATMENT TRAIN WASTE WASTE, ENVIRONMENTAL ENVIRONMENT
- IRON ROAD TREATMENT TRAIN WASTE WASTE, ENVIRONMENTAL ENVIRONMENT
- SOME REGULATIONS ON PURCHASE AND PAYMENT OF TET TAN TAN TAN 2021 TICKETS
- HANOI: TRAFFIC TRAINS FOR STUDENTS
- FROM 1/10/2020, PASSENGER CAN BUY TRAIN TICKET WITH PACKAGE, INTEREST RATES 0%
- The community wagon connects to the SE3 train departing from Hanoi station on the evening of October 2.
- PROMOTE RUNNING SP3 TRAIN (HANOI - LAO CAI) ON THURSDAY WEEK
- FLOOR THE STONE TO THE IRON ROAD AT NHA TRANG (KHANH HOA)
- Close-up of METRO BEN THANH - SUOI TIEN TRAIN OFFICIALS AT HO CHI MINH CITY
- UPDATING INFORMATION ON SHIP SLOWS SITUATION AFFECTED BY RAISES IN THE CENTRAL REGION
- SELL E-DEVICE TICKETS, TRAFFIC PASSENGERS MAY BE POSITIONING
- ANNOUNCEMENT: TRANSFER OF PASSENGERS TO SE1, SE3, SE8 TRAIN STARTED ON OCTOBER 16 BETWEEN DONG HA AND PHON TRACH STATION BY CAR
Book your train ticket in 3 steps
We are here for you
The more tickets you book , the cheaper price you get
In our booking system you will always find the lowest fares for all Vietnam carriers.