My train ticket
Vietnam to put railway e-ticket system into use on September 1
Railway passengers in Vietnam will be able to buy tickets through an online ticketing system that will begin operating at 2:00 am on September 1, the Vietnam Railways Corporation (VRC) said on Wednesday.
Through this e-system, passengers can book seats, buy and print tickets, pay for their tickets and receive e-invoices anywhere and anytime, without having to visit a railway station, the VRC said.
Passengers can carry out all the above steps on the websites vietrailways.com.
Specifically, after passengers complete their online ticket booking and payment, they will have all the related information transmitted to their email addresses.
In case passengers have no email address, they can register to receive e-ticket information via mobile phone text messages.
With this information, passengers can either print the tickets on a normal printer using A4-size paper, or provide the code numbers of tickets to a railway station so that the station can print the tickets for them when they arrive at the terminal.
This way, passengers will either use the code numbers of e-tickets sent to their cell phone to print the tickets on the above-mentioned websites, or have railway stations print them at terminals.
Every e-ticket contains a Quick Response (QR) code that will be identified by a control device, the VRC said.
In order to ensure the stable, correct and safe operation of the e-ticket system, the VRC will halt payment collection by post offices, transaction offices of the Vietnam Investment Bank (VIB), Internet banking and ATMs during the first 15 days of September.
In this period, passengers are required to pay for their tickets online or pay at ticket selling points, the VRC said.
- The History Of Vietnam Railways
- Vietnam Railways plan upgrades, new services
- Vietnam Railway sector strives to compete with airlines
- Vietnam Railways Corporation has new chairman
- New railway leader vows to cut fares and improve services
- Vietnam Railways is asking for 471 billion in funding
- Vietnam Railways to sell tickets for Tet
- Dong Nai - New Ghenh bridge officially inaugurated
- VNR to sell lower train fares for Tet
- Vietnam Railway sector targets modernity
- Vietnam railways - Many rail tunnels need upgrading
- Vietnam to open doors for private investment in railway infrastructure
- Train tickets booked online to be delivered to homes in Hanoi, HCMC
- Many rail tunnels need upgrading
- Hanoi hosts 36th ASEAN Railway CEOs’ Conference
- Ha Noi hosts 36th ASEAN Railway CEO's Conference
- Train tickets to be available online in next two weeks
- Train tickets to be available online
- VNR kicks off restructuring process
- Vietnam initiates $9.28mn railway e-ticket project
- Vietnam Railways undergoes restructuring
- Vietnam Railways Corporation undergoes restructuring
- Three Japanese officials prosecuted for suspected bribery in Vietnam
- Ticket Lunar New Year 2018
- Warning of cheating when buying tickets for Tet holiday
- Vietnam Railways receives new 5-star carriages for Tết
- The year of the year
- Line additional 30 toa standard 5 standards in 2018
- High quality trains like vietnam's aircraft are prepared for operation
- Livitrans Express Tourist Train
- Vietnam Railway (vnr) was set up with six new passenger trains on the north-south route
- All aboard the new Reunification Express
- Restructuring Vietnam Railways Necessity to separate freight and passenger transportation
- Six modern trains added to Vietnam’s north-to-south railway
- Vietnam Railway has officially put into operation six new trains on the Thong Nhat
- Sapa travel guide by train
- Travel to Sapa
- Travel to Sapa
- Da Nang beauty
- Discover the beauty and richness of ancient land
- Hai Phong tourism
- Visit Dalat
- Alba Thanh Tan Hot Spring
Book your train ticket in 3 steps
We are here for you
The more tickets you book , the cheaper price you get
In our booking system you will always find the lowest fares for all Vietnam carriers.