My train ticket
Vietnam Railways to sell tickets for Tet
Starting next month, railway passengers in Vietnam will be able to buy tickets for the Tet (Lunar New Year) holiday
From October 1 onward, train passengers can book tickets online or at local train stations.
Those traveling with children from six to ten years old should request a seat-sharing ticket by filling out a form provided at stations. This enables children to use the same seat as their accompanying adult passengers.
The railway operator confirmed that 12 extra seats will be available for booking in any hard seat car, and seven in any berth or other carriage.
Saigon Railways, the Ho Chi Minh City unit of Vietnam’s railway operator, said that it was planning to build 30 train cars at a cost of VND320 billion (US$14.3 million).
Previously, the VRC announced that it would run the north-south train routes to serve passengers during the forthcoming Tet holiday from January 15 to February 18, 2017.
The company has also put a new sleeping car into operation.
Its seats can be converted into beds equipped with sockets for phone and computer charging.
The carriage features 28 berths with modern facilities, namely LED lights and windows with high-quality sunshades, plus washing basins with infrared sensors.
- The History Of Vietnam Railways
- Vietnam Railways plan upgrades, new services
- Vietnam Railway sector strives to compete with airlines
- Vietnam Railways Corporation has new chairman
- New railway leader vows to cut fares and improve services
- Vietnam Railways is asking for 471 billion in funding
- Dong Nai - New Ghenh bridge officially inaugurated
- VNR to sell lower train fares for Tet
- Vietnam to put railway e-ticket system into use on September 1
- Vietnam Railway sector targets modernity
- Vietnam railways - Many rail tunnels need upgrading
- Vietnam to open doors for private investment in railway infrastructure
- Train tickets booked online to be delivered to homes in Hanoi, HCMC
- Many rail tunnels need upgrading
- Hanoi hosts 36th ASEAN Railway CEOs’ Conference
- Ha Noi hosts 36th ASEAN Railway CEO's Conference
- Train tickets to be available online in next two weeks
Book your train ticket in 3 steps
We are here for you
The more tickets you book , the cheaper price you get
In our booking system you will always find the lowest fares for all Vietnam carriers.