My train ticket
Vietnam railways - Many rail tunnels need upgrading
The Vietnam Railways Corporation (VNR) recently submitted a proposal to the Ministry of Transport to upgrade 22 tunnels on the railway line between Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.Vietnam Railway to equitise subsidiaries as part of reforms Transport ministry affirms wavy railway meets safety standards The railway is the main line in Vietnam, and covers 1,726 km.
The tunnels are located in the central provinces of Quang Binh, Thua Thien Hue, Da Nang, Binh Dinh, Phu Yen and Khanh Hoa.
Doi Sy Hung, deputy general director of the corporation, said that the restoration would improve the safety and effectiveness of the railway system.
The project aims to increase the average train speed to between 80kmph and 90kmph for passenger trains and between 50kmph and 60kmph for goods trains.
Railways only account for 2.19% of the transport market share, and 1.2% of the logistics sector.
The restoration includes the upgrade of the drainage system along the tunnels.
If approved, the project will take more than five years to complete.
The VND3 trillion (US$136 million) project will be funded by the State budget and Government bonds.
Previously in February, the VRC also proposed its plan to develop its railway transport system towards 2020, which was approved by the Prime Minister.
The strategy also includes a plan to build a new high-speed north-south railway with priority given to busy routes such as Hanoi to HCM City, Hanoi toVinh and HCM City to NhaTrang.
- The History Of Vietnam Railways
- Vietnam Railways plan upgrades, new services
- Vietnam Railway sector strives to compete with airlines
- Vietnam Railways Corporation has new chairman
- New railway leader vows to cut fares and improve services
- Vietnam Railways is asking for 471 billion in funding
- Vietnam Railways to sell tickets for Tet
- Dong Nai - New Ghenh bridge officially inaugurated
- VNR to sell lower train fares for Tet
- Vietnam to put railway e-ticket system into use on September 1
- Vietnam Railway sector targets modernity
- Vietnam to open doors for private investment in railway infrastructure
- Train tickets booked online to be delivered to homes in Hanoi, HCMC
- Many rail tunnels need upgrading
- Hanoi hosts 36th ASEAN Railway CEOs’ Conference
- Ha Noi hosts 36th ASEAN Railway CEO's Conference
- Train tickets to be available online in next two weeks
- Train tickets to be available online
- VNR kicks off restructuring process
- Vietnam initiates $9.28mn railway e-ticket project
- Vietnam Railways undergoes restructuring
- Vietnam Railways Corporation undergoes restructuring
Book your train ticket in 3 steps
We are here for you
The more tickets you book , the cheaper price you get
In our booking system you will always find the lowest fares for all Vietnam carriers.