My train ticket
Vietnam Railways Corporation has new chairman
Before his new appointment, Minh was director of the ministry’s Enterprise Management Department. Speaking at the conference held in Ha Noi, Nghia requested the VNR to continue restructuring and re-organising the business, focusing on effective investment, accelerating science and management technology applications to ensure railway safety.The corporation needs to check its passengers and freight transport strategies as well, said Nghĩa.
Minh took the post from Tran Ngoc Thanh, who was dismissed from his post as chairman of VNR in December 2016 when the corporation’s performance became bleak under his helm, with 2015 revenue down to VND2.66 trillion (US$116 million) – just half of the 2014 revenues of VND5.53 trillion.
Thanh’s leadership was also tainted by lapses such as the widely-criticised decision to purchase used carriages from China earlier this year or estate investments found "inappropriate and outside of its designated functions" by the Government Inspectorate.
- The History Of Vietnam Railways
- Vietnam Railways plan upgrades, new services
- Vietnam Railway sector strives to compete with airlines
- New railway leader vows to cut fares and improve services
- Vietnam Railways is asking for 471 billion in funding
- Vietnam Railways to sell tickets for Tet
- Dong Nai - New Ghenh bridge officially inaugurated
- VNR to sell lower train fares for Tet
- Vietnam Railway sector targets modernity
- Vietnam railways - Many rail tunnels need upgrading
Book your train ticket in 3 steps
We are here for you
The more tickets you book , the cheaper price you get
In our booking system you will always find the lowest fares for all Vietnam carriers.